Competitive Start Fund offers the budding entrepreneur €50,000 investment into their Startup business to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capability to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies reach key commercial and technical milestones, for example:
- Evaluate overseas market opportunities and reach firm conclusions regarding the viability of the proposed business.
- Build a prototype.
- Secure a reference site.
- Develop a market entry plan for exploiting international opportunities.
- Secure partnership deal or strategic alliance.
- Identify suitable channels to international markets.
- Secure third party investment e.g. business angel, Venture Capital.
Enterprise Ireland has several calls for Competitive Start Funding during the year. This call for applications focuses on the Aviation and Manufacturing Sectors and is only open to applications active in these sectors including the following sub sectors:
- Aviation Sector: financial services associated with the sector, aircraft and engine leasing, aviation software and IT, training, travel-related software and related services, small aircraft assembly, aircraft dismantle, maintenance repair operations, airframe and components, composite repair, parts manufacture, aviation services, other engineering and technical activities.
- Manufacturing Sector: including companies using mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering technologies for the production of goods; companies involved in activities such as material forming, tooling, automated systems and additive processes etc; related technical activities.
Call open: 9th April, 2014.
Call close: 30th April, 2014 at 3pm.
If you are interested in applying of exploring more information about this funding scheme. Please check out www.enterprise-ireland.com/csf
Only online applications submitted through the online application system on Enterprise Ireland are accepted.